Creating an Ideal Study and Working Zone
home design / property for rent / property for sale / real estate philippines / work from home
Nobody said that studying and working from home would be easy, especially when there are multiple people sharing the same house.
To make things a little bit easier, here are some tips and things to consider in creating your ideal study and work zone to get you started on your productivity streak.
- Get to know your needs and your preferences.
Evaluate yourself and learn whether you are vulnerable to noise or other distractions such as television or even your cohabitants.
Do you work better when your surroundings are quiet? Do you get easily distracted by people passing by your area?
This can help you decide on the kind of surroundings you opt to pick for your workspace.
Consider the amount and types of activities you do.
Are you streaming online classes? Are you taking several meetings in a day? Are you downloading or uploading numerous content?
This can help you determine whether it would be better for you to be near the wifi router or to avail a portable wifi of your own.
- Claim your very own space.
Once you have identified your needs and preferences, pick your own little corner of the house to serve as your workstation.
In setting up a workspace, consider following this list of workspace ergonomics:
- Make sure that the top of your computer screen is at eye-level or just below;
- Your screen must be around an arms length away from yourself;
- Place your keyboard at a height that allows your elbows to be bent in a 90 degree angle when typing;
- The mouse should be parallel to your keyboard;
- Have a chair that properly supports your back; and
- Ensure that your workspace has ample lighting to avoid eye strain.
Following these tips will help reduce fatigue and can help you feel comfortable even while being in front of your computer screen almost the entire day. But of course, nothing beats taking a good break to recharge!
- Make yourself comfortable.
The upside of having the current online classroom and WFH arrangements is enjoying the comforts of your home. This comfort could extend to your workstation.
Ensure that you are comfortable with setup, even if it means having a rug under your feet or extra cushions for your seat.
Looking for a new living space to change things up from your current work-from-home arrangements? View our properties offering suitable workspaces here.